The following step-by-step tutorial will walk you through setting up a VPN connection using the built-in Windows client. If you’re interested to use our dedicated VPN software, visit this page.
Things you need before getting started:
- Windows 10 PC with access in administrator account.
- Active internet connection.
- VPN account details (received via email after order).
Steps for setting up VPN:
Click on the Start Menu Icon from your PC. Click on Settings.
In the system tray, usually located on the bottom right of your screen, click the network icon and then click “Network and Internet Settings”
Click on VPN from the left menu and then click on Add a VPN connection.
- Choose VPN provider Windows (built-in) from the dropdown.
- Enter a Connection name as your wish (e.g.’Getbehind.me US’).
- Insert the Server name or address. Get it here.
- Choose VPN type Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) from the ‘VPN Type’ drop down list.
- Choose type of sign-in info User name and password
Enter your Username and type your license key into the password field and click ‘save’. (You received the license key information in the order confirmation email message)
Note: Make sure you have checked the check box Remember my sign-in info.
Your VPN connection is ready to use. Now go back to your VPN category from Network & Internet settings and click on your created VPN connection name. Click the Connect button to connect to your VPN server.
You can also connect by clicking the network icon in the system tray.