The following step-by-step tutorial will walk you through setting up a VPN connection using the built-in Windows client. If you interested to use our propriety VPN software, visit this page.
Things you need before getting started:
- Max OS X logged with an administrator account.
- An active internet connection.
- VPN account details (received in email after order).
Steps for setting up VPN:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
- Click Add + at the bottom of the network connection services list, click the Interface pop-up menu, then choose VPN.
- Click the VPN Type pop-up menu, then choose PPTP as the type of VPN connection you want to set up, give the VPN service a name, then click Create.
- Enter the server address and the account name for the VPN connection.
- Click Authentication Settings, then enter the information you received from the network administrator.
- Click OK, then click Connect.
- Select “Show VPN status in menu bar” to use the VPN status icon to connect to the network and switch between VPN services.
- To remove the VPN configuration, select the VPN network connection service in the list and click Remove.